Welcome to Parker Seminoff Architects
- Creative, functional design solutions which truly address your building needs
- Partners are licensed to work in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan and Ontario
- State of the art in building technology, building code knowledge and construction techniques
- 3D computer modelling throughout the process helps you visualize your building before it’s built
- Computer assisted drawing (CAD) production and Building Information Modelling (B.I.M.) contributes to high quality construction documents
- Effective Cost Control process keeps your project grounded in reality
- Assistance with capital fund raising
- A participatory design process which develops common vision and consensus within your organization, broad ownership in the project and effective control by your leadership team
Is your church in growth mode? Are you considering building or renovating? Don’t know where to start? We can help. We know you’ll have lots of questions, but our many years of experience designing church facilities across Canada will help us provide you with appropriate and affordable solutions.
Where do we start?
We suggest you start with our Development Feasibility Study which is designed to answer the following questions:
- What do we need? (Needs Assessment)
- What can we afford? (Financial Assessment)
- What will it look like? (Schematic Design Solutions)
- What will it cost? (Detailed Cost Estimates of each Schematic Design)
The Feasibility Study is an essential first step for any church considering expanding their facilities. It answers the critical questions every congregation needs to address in order to make confident decisions and results in a broad sense of support and ownership for the project.
We know how important proper education is to the future of our society. To augment educational materials, proper facilities play an important role in the learning process. Efficient, well lit spaces for students and teachers. Sensible support spaces and resource rooms for teachers and helpers. Natural lighting. Flexibility in technology infrastructure to allow for future changes. Durable materials and colours that stimulate the human spirit and encourage learning.
Yet we also know that private schools often have different needs than public schools. Different styles of gathering, different types of community building, different programmatic needs and different budget requirements. Let us be your private school specialists to help you design a facility that aligns with your vision.
With changing demographics come new types of housing challenges. As our population ages and the rate of retirement accelerates, our cities will need alternate housing types to accommodate our seniors. Assisted Living Facilities allow residents to age in place yet still retain some independence. We have designed facilities which feature independent living apartments, common dining room, kitchen and in-house nursing staff, while upscale retirement Life-Lease apartments can offer amenities not usually found in other types of retirement living such as underground parking, hobby workshop, auditorium, library, games room, spa, and roof-top gardens.
Parker Seminoff Architects have designed a range of senior’s housing. Let us help you develop plans to accommodate our cities’ changing housing needs well into the next decade.
We have designed a wide variety of commercial architecture including a Manufacturing Plant, Office Buildings, Summer Camp facilities, Petrochemical Testing Lab, Retail Stores and an Estate Winery. We respect that each project is as unique as the requirements of the individual client, so we listen to your facility needs, your schedule and budget restrictions and then work closely with you to develop a design that fits those needs.
Whether your commercial project is a new building, addition or renovation we have the experience to help ensure your next project is successful.
Over the years we have had the opportunity to work with many families to design their new homes. Some have been published in magazines and others have won awards. 30 Glenridge is an historic 1920′s Arts & Crafts cottage in which we created a new contemporary residence and was recently featured in Interiors Magazine. High-on-Rye is a contemporary home located in an older neighbourhood and was awarded a Community Design Award in 2010. White-on-White is a Calgary home located on the banks of the Elbow River and was featured in Canadian House and Homes.